Wednesday, May 18, 2011

FINANCIAL UPDATE

Hey friends and family.

We found out our approximate cost for our Outreach to Peru and Bolivia, which is approximately $2,350 per student. It's a little more than we expected, because we're going to be traveling during high season, but we're trusting God to provide for our housing, food, transportation (to, from and within these countries) and ministries during these 8 weeks.

I've got about $600 so far, and I need $200 more so I can buy my ticket to Peru. I know it'll happen, somehow.

Something really cool happened for one of our team mates this week. He shared with us this last weekend that he was $900 short of what he needed for Lecture Phase. If he didn't have it by Monday, he would unfortunately have to return to El Salvador. As you can imagine, we were really sad to here of that possibility! God really stirred in our hearts to give to our friend, so he could stay with us. He was brought here by God for a reason, and surely not to be kicked out halfway through, so the rest of us pooled our money and were able to keep him aboard!
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

Acts 4:32-35
So cool to see this worked out in reality. We're all hoping and praying for more provision. We know from the Bible that "The gold is mine, and the silver is mine, declares the Lord." It's all His. If He wants us to go, He'll make a way. I invite you to join us in prayer. If you feel God stirring in your heart to give to YWAM, please click the link below to make an online donation so that I can help contribute to our cause.

Thank you to everyone who helped get me here to Costa Rica. Everything I have is a gift. Everything. So thank you so much. Despite the few challenges here and there, I am having the time of my life. I hope I can encourage you by sharing about my adventures. Feel free to email me, I'd love to hear from you.

ckenny1705@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment